Planning Your Visit
Not sure where to go? Call us anytime at 847-297-1800, extension 1840 from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. We will be happy to answer your questions and provide assistance before you arrive at the hospital or medical center.
- Adult visiting hours for inpatients are daily from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Due to the condition of our patients, children age 12 and under are generally not permitted on the units, except with special permission by the nursing supervisor.
Getting to Holy Family Medical Center
There are several public transportation options including the Metra Union Pacific Northwest line and the Pace # 234 or #208 bus. Both Pace buses stop in front of Holy Family Medical Center. For more specific and personal public transportation information, please use link.
Holy Family Medical Center's Care-A-Van transportation service can help you get to and from your non-emergency medical appointments quickly and easily. Care-A-Van offers a flexible schedule, Monday through Friday, to meet our patients' needs. To schedule your Care-A-Van appointment, simply call 847-297-1800, extension 2626, between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Please have the following information available when you call:
- The patient's name, address and phone number
- The appointment date, time and location
- Whether or not the patient is ambulatory
- From Southbound I-294: Take the IL-58 exit toward Golf Road. Turn left onto East River Road. Turn right onto golf and proceed through the intersection at River Road. Turn right into the hospital parking lot.
- From Northbound I-294: Take the US-14/West Dempster Street exit. Merge onto Dempster and immediately make a slight turn right onto Rand Road. Proceed to River road and make a slight turn right. Pass through the intersection at Golf Road and turn left into the hospital parking lot.
- From the Northwest: Take Rand to Golf Road. Turn left onto Golf Road and proceed to hospital. There is an entrance to the parking lot before River Road. Or take Northwest Highway and turn left on State and take that to the circle to Golf Road. There is an entrance to the parking lot before River Road.
- From the North: Take River Road south (North of Willow Rd, Milwaukee Ave south leads to River Road) turn right into the parking lot before Golf Road.
- From the South: Take either Mannheim or Des Plaines River Road, north. (both roads merge into River Road) Proceed through the intersection at Golf Road and turn left into the hospital entrance.
- From the East: Take Golf Road west past River Road. Turn right into the hospital parking lot.
- From the West: Take Golf Road east. Turn left into the hospital parking lot before the intersection of River Road.
Hospital Map/Floor Plan
Need help finding your way to your destination within Holy Family Medical Center? Look at a map of our floor plan to find where you're going.
Holy Family Medical Center offers convenient drop off service and parking adjacent to all our entrances.
A - Golf Medical Plaza
B - Holy Family Medical Center
C - Immediate Care Center
P1 - Outpatient/Visitor Parking
P2 - Golf Medical Plaza Parking
P3 - River Medical Plaza/ICC Parking
P4 - Additional Parking
- Outpatient Services — For outpatient surgery or services drop-off, handicap access, or wheelchair assistance, please use the Main Entrance. We offer convenient parking immediately adjacent to door.
- Cardiology Services — Our department offers a full array of services to meet the needs of physicians and patients. Our goal is to provide outpatient diagnostic cardiac services in a convenient and comfortable setting. We are able to schedule tests quickly and return the results in a very timely manner.
- Gastroenterology Services — Digestive health services are available in our recently renovated GI Lab with the most advanced technology in a comfortable and private setting.
- Immediate Care Center — For minor injuries and illnesses, our skilled physicians and staff provide high quality quick care - and an appointment is never necessary. We offer quick treatment and relief for a range of minor medical conditions.
- Monday - Friday 8 am - 8 pm
- Saturday 8 am - 8 pm
- Sunday & Holidays 8 am - 4 pm
- Keys to Recovery™: Substance Abuse Treatment — Our substance abuse treatment program, helps patients make a successful recovery from alcohol or substance abuse. Treatment options include many outpatient alternatives, aftercare and driving under the influence (DUI) services. Free assessments are available. Other options include Inpatient Medical Detox and Inpatient Rehabilitation (Residential).
- Laboratory — The department offers a full array of services to meet the needs of our patients. Our team provides efficient, seamless service to minimize the time a patient spends at the Lab. Results are reported quickly and accurately to physicians so that treatment may be provided immediately.
- Medical Imaging — Through our Radiology Department, a comprehensive range of services, including diagnostic radiology, ultrasound, CT scans, advanced MRI imaging and fluoroscopy is offered. We are accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR) in Nuclear Medicine, Computerized Tomography, Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Ultrasound.
- Pain Center — At Holy Family Medical Center, we are dedicated to reducing your pain and improving your quality of life. We take a comprehensive, integrated approach to pain management focusing on medical intervention, physical rehabilitation and psychological issues.
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapies — The highly trained, licensed Physical, Occupational and Speech therapists in our Rehabilitation Services Department work as a team to assist each patient in returning to the fullest possible function. They assist patients with orthopedic problems, neurological conditions, sports- or work-related injuries, physical disabilities and communication, cognitive and swallowing disorders, as well as other problems.
- Sleep Disorders Center — The Sleep Center at Holy Family Medical Center was recently accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine as a Sleep Disorders Center. Our center offers a comprehensive program for the evaluation and treatment of Obstructive Sleep Apnea and other disorders interfering with sleep. We have four sleep study rooms available so that patients can be scheduled at their earliest convenience. EEG and EMG studies are also available.
- SurgiCenter — The SurgiCenter at Holy Family Medical Center is a national award winner for the overall quality of care provided. For everything from sports injuries and carpal tunnel syndrome to hernias and cataracts, a full range of surgical services is available. Advanced technology is provided for general and minimally invasive procedures, with convenient scheduling and compassionate care. We also offer 23-hour observation for more complex cases. If you have any questions prior to your surgery, please call 847-297-1800, extension 1023 Monday - Friday anytime between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Women's Imaging Center — Fully accredited and recognized by the ACR as a Breast Center of Excellence, the Women's Imaging Center at Holy Family Medical Center offers the perfect combination of advanced technology, convenience, personal care and attention.
- Wound Healing Center — At the Wound Healing Center, you'll receive the right treatment to heal your wound. We offer the latest in wound treatment techniques including Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBO), bio-engineered tissue substitutes, platelet growth technologies, all performed by experienced professionals to make sure that your wound can heal as fast as possible.
In and Around Des Plaines
Activities and Places of Interest - Ideally located just 17 miles northwest of the Chicago Loop, Des Plaines has a diversified, vibrant and growing business community. We proudly boast of many fine restaurants and activities. Des Plaines is home to:
- Golf Center of Des Plaines
- Rivers Casino
- Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Allstate Arena
- Des Plaines River Trails
- Historical Museum
- Koehnline Museum of Art
- Chicagoland Sports Hall of Fame
- And many others.
Restaurants â€“ Visit any of our over 25 restaurants for a quick or relaxing meal.
While You Wait for Your Loved One
At Holy Family Medical Center, we want your stay to be comfortable.
- Holy Family Café — located on the lower level. For a satisfying meal, visit the café for breakfast, lunch or dinner. For the perfect cup of coffee, enjoy Caribou Coffee. Hours of Operations:
- Breakfast: 6:30 A.M. - 9:30 A.M. (Monday to Saturday)
- Lunch: 11:00 - 1:30 P.M. (Monday to Friday), 11:30 A.M. - 1:30 P.M. (Weekends & Holidays)
- Snack: 2:15 P.M. - 3:15 P.M. (Monday to Friday)
- Dinner: 5:00 P.M. - 6:15 P.M. (Monday to Friday)
- Holy Family Medical Center Chapel — Mass services are offered daily in the chapel located on the first floor across from the information desk. Services are televised as well. Mass Schedule:
- Monday to Friday, 6:15 A.M.
- Wednesdays, 11:30 A.M.
- Saturdays, 4:00 P.M.
- Sundays, 8:00 A.M.
- Meditation Room — Our Meditation Room, located near the main lobby on the first floor of the hospital, is the perfect place for quiet time and reflection. The interfaith space also offers a small library of spiritual resources and is always open.
- Pharmacy — Located in the Golf Medical Plaza, this full service pharmacy will fill your prescriptions while you wait.
- Monday thru Friday - 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday - 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Closed Sundays
- Automated Teller Machine (ATM) — For your convenience, a Bank of America ATM is located near our gift counter on the first floor, adjacent to main entrance.
- Newspaper stand — For the latest news, our newsstand, located at main desk, offers your favorite Chicago newspaper.
- Free Wi-Fi Access — RESGuest® Wireless Internet Access: Stay connected by browsing the Internet, checking e-mail and sending or receiving instant messages while you are with us. You may also use your cell phone.
- Coffee and Gift Kiosk — Visit our stand across from the main information desk to purchase that special gift, card, snack or cup of coffee.
- Concierge Services by Errand Solutions — While visiting or waiting for your loved one let our concierge be your personal running service. Conveniently located next to the main information desk and open Monday, 9:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M. and Wednesday and Friday, 1:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M., they offer an array of services including:
- Auto Repair and Oil Change
- Auto Wash and Detail
- Dinner Reservations
- Discount Movie Tickets
- Dry Cleaning and Laundry Services
- Floral Arrangements
- Gift Baskets
- Jewelry Repair
- Packaging, Shipping and Stamps
- Photo Printing
- Shoe Repair
- Shopping Discounts
- And More