Get your life back.
Call 24-hours 847-298-9355 to talk to an addiction counselor.
Keys to Recovery is a leading Alcohol and Drug Rehab Center in the Chicago area. We have been providing innovative and effective substance abuse treatment for those struggling with alcohol or drug addiction since 1991. We offer treatment for adults who abuse alcohol, prescription pain medication, street drugs, such as heroin or cocaine, and other substances. We also provide services for those suffering from a gambling addiction.
Hear from our directors.
Why choose Keys to Recovery for substance abuse treatment?
- 99% of our patients say they would recommend us
- A full spectrum of care is available under one roof
- Hospital setting with full medical resources
- Multidisciplinary team of addiction specialists
- Individualized treatment in a safe, comfortable environment
- Holistic approach
- Private hospital wing dedicated to Keys to Recovery patients
Take the first step.
Your healing begins when you make the call for help. Our addiction counseling experts are available around-the-clock to discuss your needs and determine what your next step should be. If you or someone you love is struggling with addiction, feel free to call us at any time without obligation. We are available 24-hours a day at 847-298-9355.
The initial and most critical part of addiction treatment is the assessment because each patient is unique and has specific needs. That's why our multidisciplinary team of experts works together to create an individualized treatment and intervention plan for each patient. A variety of professionals trained in addiction treatment will be involved in your assessment, including the physician, nursing staff, psychologist, social worker and other staff as needed.
A full spectrum of care for substance abuse.
Recovering from substance abuse is a lifelong journey and every patient has changing needs along the way. That's why we offer a complete range of inpatient and outpatient services - from the initial serious medical demands of detoxification to intensive rehabilitation to the long-term support needed to stay sober.
Before patients can benefit from rehabilitation for substance abuse, they need to clear their bodies of drugs and alcohol, a process that usually takes 3-5 days. Unlike most other recovery programs, we are able to provide medical detox onsite because we arein a hospital setting. To ensure a safe and comfortable withdrawal, our expert medical staff is with patients through every step, carefully monitoring the detox process. Detox generally takes place at Presence Holy Family Medical Center, but under certain circumstances can be done outside of the hospital.
Alcohol and Drug Rehab
As soon as a patient is medically stable, rehabilitation begins. Patients participate inall aspects of the program while continuing to have their medical needs addressed.
- Partial Hospitalization Program is an intensive full-day treatment program that provides group, individual and family counseling as well as educational services in a highly structured environment. This program allows patients to stay overnight in a safe hospital residential setting for 7-10 days.
- Residential Services is a 21- to 28-day program specially designed to help patients learn new lifestyle skills that they can use to substitute healthy relationships for drugs and alcohol. This intensive learning experience provides patients with the tools they need to return to everyday life and maintain their sobriety. This program allows the patient to stay overnight in a safe hospital residential setting.
- Where you will stay
Our facilities include:
- Clean and comfortable bedrooms with accommodations for 43 patients
- State-of-the art inpatient rooms for detox and other medical needs
- Dining Room and lounges for gatherings and relaxation
- Recreational facilities
- Take a photo tour of Keys to Recovery
Outpatient Rehab for Substance Abuse
Because recovery from alcohol, drug or heroin addiction is a lifelong process, we give careful consideration to discharge planning and the long-term needs of each patient after they leave the inpatient program. Our goal is to give each patient their best possible chance at success by ensuring they have the support they need to stay sober while functioning in the community. Patients are referred to appropriate community based aftercare programs, including a halfway house or recovery home if necessary. Various levels of outpatient treatment are available, including:
- Intensive Outpatient Treatment is available through both a day and an evening program. This program includes five days a week and three evenings per week, which allows the individual to continue working and living at home while receiving treatment.
- Continuing Care/Aftercare supports our patients as they transition back into workand home life through weekly Aftercare groups offered in the evening and at other times during the week. These 12-Step meetings are offered at a nominal fee to those who have successfully completed treatment.
- Psychological Services are available when needed, including:
- Complete Psychological testing
- Quantified Electroencephalogram (QEEG)
Compulsive Gambling Services
We offer individual and group treatment to help patients understand and accept that compulsive gambling is an illness that dramatically impacts their life by creating financial, marital and legal problems. Our specially trained, certified counseling staff is dedicated to providing individuals with the tools needed to lead a healthy lifestyle free from their gambling addiction.
Life is more rewarding when one faces difficulties free of mood altering substances and it is our belief that everyone can enjoy a drug, alcohol and gambling free life. We are dedicated to helping each individual find their own 'keys' to recovery and we havea strong belief in our patients' capacity to change and each person's right to be treated with respect and dignity.
We are very aware that the untreated person can suffer from psychological, physical, social and spiritual deterioration, and that addiction severely damages families and careers, and can even threaten a life. We also recognize that substance abuse is a disease that has no respect for age, sex, race or other biological, psychological or social factors.
Our approach to recovery from substance abuse is holistic, designed to recognize and treat each individual's physical, mental, social and spiritual needs. As a team of experienced professionals, we provide confidential care in a relaxed and safe environment utilizing personalized treatment goals and various levels of care. We understand how challenging and isolating the disease can be, and we are committed to helping our patients bridge the gap between addiction and recovery.
With the understanding that the support of families is necessary for a patient's successful substance abuse treatment, Keys to Recovery offers a strong family program. Families are welcome to attend daily education sessions designed to help them understand various aspects of addiction and co-dependency and to give them strategies to support their loved one. Family members are also invited to be involved in meetings with their loved one and his or her case manager.
Consulting services are available for human resources, employee assistance programs and other business professionals.
Other community resources.
For more information,
or to make a referral for substance abuse treatment,
please call 847-298-9355 (24-hours).